Kissing USA: The Story Behind the Story of the Legendary Kissing Show
by William Cane
College. For many, it is a place of learning, self-discovery, and growth. But, as much as parents don’t want to admit it, college is also a time of unabashed exploration, especially for the MTV-drenched and Howard-Stern-Radio-Show-soaked kids of the 1990s. So, it makes perfect sense that The Kissing Show, a performance based on the international bestseller The Art of Kissing, became a near-overnight sensation.
Born out of William Cane’s Judd-Apatow-like desire to woo the woman of his dreams, The Kissing Show appeared at over 400 colleges and universities across the nation. Kissing USA tells it all in a sexy (and sometimes shocking) behind-the-scenes look at all the things that were part of making the The Kissing Show a sensation like:
- the comedic and surprising foibles of Cane’s own love life,
- the power of listening to and understanding your audience,
- dealing with competition from drag queens,
- the importance of having a "less-than-ideal" Muse,
- and the fact that almost anything can be a source of inspiration—if spun the right way…
Call it fate, luck, or creative genius… Join Cane as he recounts his meteoric rise in the college lecture and entertainment circuit through all the good, the bad, and the awkward kisses that took North American colleges by storm. After all, who knew playing dentist could ever be a turn-on?