Interested In Reading More From Cleis Press?
Cleis Press is always searching for new voices, opinions, and perspectives on our books. If you are a book blogger or reviewer and you feel that our titles would be a perfect fit for your site, we would love for you to join our growing network of reviewers!
We are looking for book bloggers and reviewers that enjoy reading books in the LGBT, Romance, Erotica genres (both fiction and non-fiction) as well as sex guides and other sub-genres that deal with sex, sexuality, and gender. Sign up here to get monthly emails about our forthcoming publications.
If you're interested in being contacted about forthcoming books within specific genres, please email Allyson Fields at email@example.com with the subject line Interested Reviewer and the following information:
- Blog or Website name (please include monthly visitor count)
- Social Media Handle (if applicable)
- Genre preferences
- 1 writing sample/review
- 3 Cleis titles you are interested in reviewing
If we feel that our books and your website or blog are a good match we will get in touch about future reviewing opportunities and new releases. Please note that if you are approved you will be added to Cleis Press email lists to keep you updated about forthcoming publications and new releases (Updated 3/19/2018).
Things To Keep In Mind:
- We want and believe in fair, honest reviews. Joining our network does not mean that we are soliciting reviewers or bloggers for "good" or "5-star" reviews. We want the truth.
- We’re committed to writing books with a variety perspectives and voices, so while we will accept requests for author interviews and book reviews, we will ensure that every reviewer or blogger that we work with is respectful of the author and the book.
- If you are looking for payment, sorry. The only thing that we can give you is a free review copy of the book.
- We reserve the right to decide if the review copy will be a print or epub/mobi file or PDF. We are a small press so print copies are not always available for review.
- We understand that everyone has a busy schedule, but we ask that reviews are posted within 2-3 weeks of receiving a review copy. Continued disregard of this request will result in the reviewer being removed from our network.
- We ask that each review includes a link back to the book on the Cleis Press website so that readers can see all the available buy links.
- We reserve the right to remove reviewers and bloggers from our network if any of the above requests are continually disregarded. We also have zero tolerance for disrespect or outright aggression against a book or author and will result in the immediate and permanent removal of the reviewer or blogger from our network.